Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Overflowing

As a mom the word "overflowng" can take on a good and bad connotation.  Hearing a child yell "Mom, it's overflowing!" are not words that will make your day. But I have been fortunate in that word has appeared twice in the last week to bring encouragement.

Our twins turned 18 last week.  The celebration with our family was wonderful - laughter, reminiscing, joking.  I told Robert I wanted to take the whole evening, wad it up and tuck it away into my heart to treasure.  While society would tell us (or scream to us) that wealth is the key to success and happiness - this moment spoke the opposite. While our bank account to medical bill ratio is often out of whack, we are OVERFLOWING in the richest blessings of all.

Today, as I'm continuing my reading on trust, it was as if God took a highlighter and affirmed the point.

Romans 15:13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

That is my prayer today.  Are you lacking in joy, peace and hope?  Maybe you need to trust Him more!

No comments: