Thursday, April 14, 2011

Am I able to do this?

I have come to realize, by recent events, that a simple letter from a health insurance carrier stating a ridiculous rate increase can cause me to be disheartened and realize my journey in trust is still in the early stages.  I feel like the show Wipeout. There I stand victorious only to have some ridiculous item come up from behind and blindside me hurling me off from where I once stood.

I am not sure if health insurance companies are part of the fall, or controlled by the devil - but it sure seems that way sometimes.  "Dear consumer, thank you for taking care of yourself, for exercising, moving to generic medications, making healthy decisions and seeing your doctor less often.  As a well-deserved reward, we are going to jack up your rates next month. Thank you for your patronage. Sincerely, Your insurance carrier".

So I am reading in Matthew 9:27-31.  Two blind men are following Jesus crying out to be healed.  He turns to them and says "Do you believe I am able to do this?"  They emphatically answer YES! "....according to your faith it will be done to you."

So my question for today is:  Do I believe that God is able to ____________________ (overcome health insurance premiums or whatever the crisis of the day is)?  I must confess often my answer is YES, followed with a but...........

Today I will remind myself God is able and I need to have faith and trust!

No comments: